Liposuction Recovery - What is the Stomach Liposuction Recovery Time?
Facts about liposuction recovery - how much recovery time do you need after stomach liposuction?
If you decide to tackle menopausal belly fat with stomach liposuction, you should reckon on needing anything from a couple of day to a week or more liposuction recovery time.
Here's what to expect:>
- To help re-shape your body, after surgery you'll be strapped up in bandages, or in an elasticated support garment.
- You will need to keep the support dressings in place for up to three weeks, and avoid vigorous exercise while you're wearing them. Walking and other gentle exercise is good for you at this time.
- Most patients can go back home on the same day as they had their procedure. If you've had a general anaesthetic, it'll take a while for the effects to wear off, so you might feel a bit wobbly for a day or two. Take it easy until you feel stronger, and don't drive or use machinery until you feel better.
- The area where the fat was removed is likely to be tender for some time, and some people experience a lot of bruising - this is one of the dangers of liposuction.
- You can take a mild painkiller such as paracetamol if necessary. The worst of the discomfort should ease after about 3 days, and at this stage you can return to your job.
- Complete recovery can take as long as six months, by which time the swelling and bruising should have completely disappeared and your new shape be more defined.
- The scar where the tube was inserted will be small, and your stitches can either be taken out at the clinic after about 7 days, or if you've had dissolvable stitches these will be gone within 14-21 days.
- You should bear in mind that you will need time off work when you're working out how much does liposuction cost. It is just one factor to consider when you are thinking about using this treatment as a way to combat menopausal weight gain. Liposuction recovery time varies from person to person and depends also on the size of the area that was treated.
This information is intended to help you understand fully the potential dangers risks and complications of liposuction. Please remember that this site does not offer medical advice and any decision to undertake liposuction is your responsibility alone.
Go from Liposuction Recovery to stomach liposuction.
Go from Liposuction Recovery to Beat Menopause Weight Gain.